CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MY BABY GIRL IS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I was a Mom… I made and ate hot meals. I had unstained clothing. I had quiet conversations on the phone. Before I was a Mom… I slept as late as I wanted. And never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth every day. Before I was a Mom… I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies. Before I was a Mom… I didn’t worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunisations. Before I was Mom… I had never been puked on, Pooped on, Spat on, Chewed on, Peed on, Or pinched by tiny fingers. Before I was a Mom… I had complete control of my mind, My thoughts. My body, And my time. I slept all night. Before I was a Mom… I never held down a screaming child, So that doctors could do tests, Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night Watching a baby sleep. Before I was a Mom… I never held a sleeping baby just because. I didn’t want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces. When I couldn’t stop the hurt. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom. Before I was a Mom… I didn’t know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn’t know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn’t know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn’t know that something so smallCould make me feel so important. Before I was a Mom… I had never risen in the middle of the night . Every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment, Or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn’t know I was capable of feeling so Much before I was a Mom!


************************************************************************************


Okay...so I have been emotional all day today. So excuse this post because the tears just randomly flow from my face and i am a lil more mushy and emotional than usual. Isnt this supposed to be a happy occasion? One of those milestones I write down in her baby book with a huge grin on my face and be the proud mom that i am? WHY, cant i not deal with her turning one? I am taking this harder than when i turned 30! LOL! It is just heart wrenching to me!! And even though my precious lil angel is only 22lbs and is now ONE (boo hoo) she seems like she is a miniature adult already. She gets more and more independent and i just cant stand it. I have been looking at pictures from just one year ago today and it amazes me how much my baby has grown!!





Big Momma waiting for her lil cub! :)




365 Days ago this was mommy at the hospital anxiously awaiting your arrival. I didnt realize at the time how much my life really didnt begin until you were born. It was the longest day of my life (lol) waiting for you to get here. The room was filled with our family and friends who waited very impatiently while the doctors kept telling them "Were gonna let her go another couple hours and if she is not progressing we will go in and have to do a c-section"!! I went in the hospital Easter Sunday of last year at 6p and FINALLY had Kaitlyn on Monday at 8:37pm!!! And my life has truly changed FOR THE BETTER ever since that very minute I heard her teeny tiny cry. Kaitlyn, that very first minute our eyes met I knew my prayers had been answered. I love you Baby!!!!



FINALLY MY BABY IS HERE!!!! :)







My baby at the hospital!









AND HERE IS MY PRINCESS ONE YEAR LATER


Happy 1ST Birthday Babygirl!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

ok so im at work reading this post you did and im crying a little. i had to hold in my tears so i wouldn't look stupid. LOL! anyways, im so proud of you nikki. you have been a great mother and the whole time you were pregnant, you were so scared you were gonna be a bad one. you've done a superb job with everything and Kaitlyn has been a joy for everyone who meets her. I can't believe she's already a year old though! she's such a big girl. just wait, her 2nd b-day is just around the corner!! LOL! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

JLH said...

Thanks for the recap...it was absolutely beautiful, just like that little (BIG) girl of yours!! Can't wait to see the bday photos...luv the carseat!